// mini sessions
It's important to preserve each milestone, both big and small. You move in together, welcome new children, new pets and new adventures into your life and all of those are happy moments to be captured so you can look back and remember you as you were. You change as an individual, as a couple and as parents, each and every year that goes by. So capture those baby bumps, your children growing up, the new homes, the fun things happening in your life and celebrate your love. These photographs are yours to look back on and re-live your memories.
family portraits. For families of all sizes and yes, your dog can come!
add on an engagement session to your wedding collection or book individually
mini portrait sessions
styled sets offered once a month at the studio. choose a date a date below!
what i'm all about...
I usually only share images in my portfolio that have movement, happy reactions or emotional moments because i like capturing candid interaction. People tend to naturally pose together and look at the camera but if i am being honest, those aren't the images i love most (i know, i know, how selfish of me!) But i do still take and deliver those because they're the classics, the ones printed and distributed to family & friends, the ones framed on the wall. i might coach you into a pose but it's the moments you're coming together to hug up or coaxing a smile out of your children that turn out to be my all time favorites. i adore the funny faces and bloopers just as much as the perfectly posed highlights.
01. contact me: Send me a message and let's talk about your vision for your session. Check out some location ideas below!
02. booking: After we chat book via the calendar below. Sessions are scheduled on Sundays within a couple hours of sunrise or sunset. A 50% retainer fee is required. Remaining balance is due on or before the day of your session and sent via invoice. I will email you a contract to sign electronically.
03. the session: Time to take some amazin' photos! To prepare for the day of your session check out the portrait planning guide.
04. online gallery: You will receive an online gallery of fully edited high resolution images within 1 week. Download, share, and print your photos!
05. printing: Print your photos, pretty please. They are meant to be displayed and not just live on the internet! You can print directly from your online gallery, order an album here or even order cards from your online gallery (save the dates, thank you cards, invitations or holiday cards)
click for more
(perfect for large families or multiple locations)
90 Minutes of Coverage
100+ Edited Images
Digital Image Download
(perfect for couples, engagements or family portraits)
60 Minutes of Coverage
75+ Edited Images
Digital Image Download
(perfect for families with toddlers or those wanting a quick sesh)
30 Minutes of Coverage
50+ Edited Images
Digital Image Download
portrait planning guide
when to schedule...
At least 4 weeks in advance to ensure availability, check out the calendar at booking for dates and times!
Anywhere from 4-6 months before your wedding is ideal.
Your e-sesh allows you to be more creative with the season, style and location.
time of day
I photograph portrait sessions on Sundays only within a couple hours of sunrise or sunset. Indoor sessions are perfect mid-day to get all that glorious afternoon sunlight coming in!
It's important to take weather into consideration. Spring and Fall are ideal for outdoors sessions so you aren't sweating your booty off OR freezing your booty off. In cases of rain, snow or strong winds we reschedule.
what to wear...
Accessorize with statement pieces and don't be afraid to be bold.
You can stay within your personal style but elevate the look!
comfort meets style
Personally, I go all out when dressing my family for portraits. I have photographed everything from a couple in a velvet blazer + backless gown to a couple with ripped jeans and a leather jacket with sunglasses on! Be stylish but comfortable so you are not constantly self aware that something has to keep being adjusted :)
hair and makeup
I always encourage makeup and a hairstyle you love!
A pop of lip color can do magical things on camera too.
I legit choose color palettes and styles to match rooms in our home where the photo prints will be displayed. Consider matching your wedding colors if these photos are for your save the date or do a theme that is fun! Patterns and textures are your friend!
I get asked this a lot and honestly there is no wrong color, I feel like you can make anything work if styled just right!
what to expect...
posed + candid
Typically the photos I take are half posed and half candid. I will direct you but I also capture all the 'in-between' moments, those always end up being my favorites!
how many images?
This is dependent on each session as no two sessions are alike. I provide an estimate of the minimum number of images you will receive and galleries range from 25-75 images.
I deliver digital files so you can print on your own.
When I am photographing sessions or events I go into work mode. My eyes are scanning the area and I am forever searching for the best light. Sometimes I stop mid-sentence to take a photo and that's because I am in the zone, I want to capture all the amazingness!!!
set your tone
Make your session the highlight of your day! Don't run a bunch of errands and pack your day full. You can set the tone by being relaxed, allowing enough time to get ready and be prepared as you possibly can be. I'm a mama and a wife, I know the hassle of getting everyone ready for photos :)
empty your pockets
Leave bags in the car. You can throw your keys, lipstick or your
phone into my camera bag. Minimalism is best.
how to make it perfect
An open line of communication! I do everything in my power to create amazing portraits. You are hiring me for a reason and I want you to have the best experience! If there is something that you are concerned about before or during the session please just open up and tell me so I can be mindful of that detail.
after your session
Portrait galleries are ready within 3-4 weeks. I send a link to your online gallery via email and you are able to download the images and print on your own, there is also an option to print directly through the online gallery at the professional lab.
tips for families with small children...
i'm a mama. i have a four year old and a one year old, i know how stressful it is getting everyone ready, it has even been discouraging to attempt family portraits because of the unpredictable nature of children. But every kid is different! i won't tell ya what to do but here are my own life hacks for photos:
01. Bribery is your friend. My hubby isn't exactly thrilled to take photos either so I bribe him too. No shame! Mama is gonna get her annual photos!
02. Schedule around nap time. Namaste.
03. Do not upset them, there are some meltdowns that they won't recover from, especially around a stranger waving a camera in their face.
04. I.N.D.E.P.E.N.D.E.N.T. (I sing that song in my head whenever I get extra back sass from the toddler). Let them do their own thing, we will try to get group shots first but if it doesn't work we will circle back to it.
05. Set your expectations of them low.
06. It's not always about the 'smile at the camera'. Some of my favorite photos of my children are Brooke disgusted by the grass touching her legs for the first time and Blake mid-yawn.
07. Don't make any other big plans for the day, the goal is to be calm, rested and happy!
08. Snacks. All of the snacks.
09. Travel light. Just bring yourselves. If you need to bring a bag or supplies it is easiest to have a stroller to push.
10. Don't worry about stains or temporary boo-boo's, I photoshop those out.
city, cobblestone streets, waterfront, pier, colorful buildings, ivy wall, pretty doors
greenhouse, cactus and succulents room, palm room, orchid room, mediterranean room, rain forest room (requires permit and fee)
gardens, mansion, woods, open fields, really cool trees, variety of colorful flowers (requires permit)
industrial, edgy, brick buildings, parking garage, old glass windows
historic ellicott city
small town vibe, coffee shops, a tree lined trail, urban vibe
rustic vibe, stream, open field, lots of trees
Bromo selzter arts tower
giant clock tower, industrial (requires fee)
city, view of Baltimore Harbor, park with trees
the pagoda, butterfly garden, woodsy pond
Cromwell Valley Park
rustic white buildings, woody trails
loch ravern reservoir
water, tall trees, beachy area
north point state park
beach, sandy trails, woods with tall trees, tall grasses (requires entry fee)
historical mansion, tall trees, pretty garden area
swan harbor farm
vintage farm vibe, gardens, open fields, cool trees, a waterfront area (requires permission)
oregon ridge park
we got married here! woodsy, trails, tall grasses, all of the trees
variety of flowers and plants, park has a picnic-y vibe and is very colorful in the Spring
mansion, gardens, vine covered porch, woods, elegant (requires permission)
choose your own!
Choose a setting that makes you happy, you want to feel in your element. You are required to get permission/permit/pay fees for any location that requires it. Keep in mind it needs to be within 20 miles of 21234 or a travel fee will apply. Some cool ideas are a library, museum, home, city, waterfront, woods, beach, bar, studio space, art gallery, beach, greenhouse, coffee shop, etc.
I create styled sets at my studio all year and sprinkle in some outdoor mini sessions too! You show up, we take some amazin' photos for 15 minutes and boom, you have fresh new images! It's easy, fun and perfect for families, couples or just yourself. I try to keep the process simple because I'm a mama with 2 little ones and I know the stress of getting outfits together and heading out the door on time can be discouraging...and then you just pray everyone is in a good mood to get through this full session you booked...but we are taking all that stress away because mini sessions are quick and so much fun for everyone!
01. choose your date and time below: Mini sessions are available on set days/times at my Baltimore studio, the theme is pre-selected for each date. Outdoor mini sessions are at a set location.
02. Booking + contract: 50% of the session fee is due at the time of booking. Pay your retainer fee below, the remaining balance will be invoiced and is due on or before the date of your session. I will email a contract to sign electronically.
03. final image delivery: You will receive an online gallery of edited downloadable hi-res images within 1 week of your session!
every session includes:
15 Minute Session
10 Edited Digital Images
Online Gallery of Downloadable Hi-Res Images
Print Release + Sharing Rights
select a time and pay the 50% retainer fee to book your session!